The Primary Purpose of this job is to provide Quality Nursing Care to the residents and to supervise the day-to-day nursing functions performed by the Nursing Assistants and coordinate all aspects of the resident's care with other disciplines in the centre. Job duties are in accordance with the current Federal and State Regulations that govern the center.
- Assist in the Admission/Discharge process
- Complete accident/incident reports, follow up the investigation process
- Transcribe Physician orders, document all resident information as necessary, notifying the physician and family as needed.
- Review medication orders for completeness of information and accuracy
- Be willing to learn Electronic Medical Record system and be flexible to change as needed
- Prepare and administer medication as ordered by the physician
- Be familiar with the Care Planning Process and participate in Care conferences, updating as needed
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with all disciplines to ensure that all aspects of resident needs can be adequately maintained
- Be willing to participate in continuing education programs
- Must be currently Licensed to practice as an RN/LPN in this state
- Should be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
Required licenses or certifications:
Registered Nursing/Licensed Practical Nurse