In keeping with our organization’s goal of improving the lives of the residents we serve, the Activity Aide is responsible for creating and implementing stimulating programs that meet the physical, emotional and psychosocial needs of the residents.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Responsible for planning activities which meet specific resident needs that include large groups, small groups and individual attention.
2. Observe and report resident’s attendance, participation, and behavior changes by documenting and charting.
3. Must be knowledgeable of individual care plans and support the care planning process by providing supervisors with specific information and observations of the resident’s needs, preferences and report any behavioral changes.
4. Coordinates activity programs with volunteers from the surrounding community by providing guidance and assigning tasks.
5. Meet and greet all new residents upon arrival to the facility.
6. Assure that established infection control and standard precaution practices are maintained at all times. Follow established safety precautions when preforming tasks and using equipment and supplies.
7. Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of residents and interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment.
8. Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
9. Reports all hazardous conditions, damaged equipment and supply issues to the supervisor.
10. Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
11. Answers and respond to call lights promptly and courteously when working in resident care areas
12. Reports all resident concerns to the appropriate department head.
13. Attend and participate in departmental meetings and in-services as directed.
This job posted by Cranford Rehab Nursing Center company via Ziprecruiter.com. Don't miss this good opportunity! Free for applying Activity Ajobide job