Join our Family!
Family Allergy & Asthma is a group of board-certified allergy and asthma specialists practicing at over 30 locations throughout Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio. We recognize that patients come to us because of the limitations placed on them due to their allergic or asthmatic conditions. It is our goal to remove these limitations, to the greatest possible extent.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for our Florence, KY office.
In this position, you will play a critical role in guiding our patients through immunotherapy and also assist with checking them in and out for their appointments.
- Monday - Friday, approximately 8:15am to 5:00/5:30pm. Wednesday 8:15am to 6:00/6:30pm.
- The injection room offers extended hours for the convenience of our patients on Wednesday.
- Schedule could vary and you may be occasionally required to work at other local offices as well.
We offer health & dental insurance, 401(k), AFLAC, paid time off and more!
Qualified candidates should have a valid KY nursing license. Upon hire, we will require filing for an OH nursing license. Cost will be reimbursed,
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare the injection room area each morning
- Administer allergy injections
- Re-stock area as needed and order supplies
- Complete daily log of charges and total at end of day
- Collect co-pays and write out patient receipt
- Re-order vials in a timely manner
- Organizing refrigerated vials in appropriate bins
- Log daily refrigerator temperatures
- Monitor shot cards monthly and discard expired vials
- Ensure that consent forms are signed; explain shot room policies to new patients
- Education of patients in 1st injection policy
- Maintain and follow HIPAA policies and procedures
- Stay the required 30 minutes after last injection is given before lunch or the end of day
- Cleaning toys and lobby
- Knowledge of all medications and IT treatment ; Ability to effectively manage emergency procedures/protocols
- Check patients in/out and collect co-pays
- Schedule appointments
- Answer phone when needed
- Copy patient insurance cards and update information as needed
- Other duties as assigned by on-site supervisor or Manager of Immunotherapy Operations
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid KY nursing license.
- Ability to communicate with patients directly and professionally.
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Computer skills and EMR skills are required.
- CPR certification.
- Valid Driver's License.