Nurse Practitioner/Employee Health Specialist
The Nurse Practitioner/Employee Health Specialist, under the supervision of the Employee Health Service Medical Director, provides care to employees in a manner consistent with an organizational medical home.
Focusing on prevention and health improvement, provides episodic care, referral, and coordination of care with community physician providers.
Identifies wellness strategies focused on prevention and the early detection of illness, management of health risks, chronic conditions and serves as an employee resource in supporting a culture of wellness.
Pre-employment Physicals, Wellness- Hypertension, Weight Loss, Smoking Cessation,Diabetes, etc.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing with MSN degree
- Current licensure to practice in North Carolina required
- Current relevant certification in North Carolina for Adult/Family Nurse Practitioner required
- National certification as an Adult/Family Nurse Practitioner required
- Prefer 2 years experience working in a family practice office or health clinic setting
- Experience in providing health education on an individual or group basis
Benefits include: Health, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance, PTO, Long Term Disability Insurance, Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, Dollar Matching Retirement Savings Plan ( 403B), Supplemental Retirement Match, Health and Wellness Programs, etc.,
Located between the Coast and Raleigh. 40 minutes to Greenville, Fayetteville, Rocky Mount and Kinston, 1 hour to Raleigh and New Bern, 1 3/4 hours to Wilmington,, 2 hours to Morehead City.
Revitalized downtown, Concerts, Festivals, Community theater, exhibitions, art galleries, etc.
Golf, paddle trails, ATV trails, Motocross, hiking, biking, walking and jogging trails,swimming, boating, fishing, jet skiing, camping, tennis, etc.
Be on the prisitine beaches of the Atlantic Coast in 90 minutes!