We are recruiting a Family Nurse Practitioner for a Community Hospital Mobile Clinic. Not for Profit Hospital is affiliated with a University Healthcare System.
FNP will manage mobile unit for the Community. Mobile Clinic is fully supported by the Hospital.
The FNP, under the supervision of the physician, delivers acute and basic health care to clients, and fulfills such duties as assessment, planning, teaching, and counseling.
Chronic care- hypertension, diabetes, COPD, CHF, etc.
The FNP functions as a health team member in meeting the objectives of the mobile unit program.
- Analyze and interpret patients' histories, symptoms, physical findings, and diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses and treatments for patients of all age groups.
- Diagnose and treat acute health care problems such as illnesses, infections, and injuries in all age groups.
- Order, perform, and interpret the results of diagnostic tests such as blood work, electrocardiograms (EKGs), an (x-rays, etc.
- Prescribe medications based on efficacy, safety, and cost as legally authorized.
- Counsel patients about drug regimens and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as food supplements, over-the-counter (OTC) medications, and herbal remedies.
- Develop treatment plans based on evidence-based practice, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines.
- Recommend interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks- obesity, smoking cessation,etc.
- Educate patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients' individual circumstances.
Education / Formal Training:
Family Nurse Practitioner - Must meet standard education requirements for National certification as a nurse practitioner.
Undergraduate degree in nursing or undergraduate degree with RN equivalent training plus master degree in nursing.
Certificate of valid registration to practice as FNP in North Carolina.
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina..
National certification as family nurse practitioner preferred.
Bi-lingual a plus.
Benefits include: Health, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance, PTO, Long Term Disability Insurance, Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, Dollar Matching Retirement Savings Plan ( 403B), Supplemental Retirement Match, Health and Wellness Programs, etc.,
Located between the Coast and Raleigh. 40 minutes to Greenville, Fayetteville, Rocky Mount and Kinston, 1 hour to Raleigh and New Bern, 1 3/4 hours to Wilmington,, 2 hours to Morehead City, Community theater, exhibitions, art galleries, etc.
Golf, paddle trails, ATV trails, Motocross, hiking, biking, walking and jogging trails,swimming, boating, fishing, jet skiing, camping, tennis, etc.
Enjoy the pristine Beaches of the Atlantic Coast in 90 minutes!!!!