JOB TITLE: Infusion Nurse I
REPORTS TO: Facility Administrator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The individual in this role assumes direct responsibility and accountability for the direct patient care related to Infusion as well as oversight of unlicensed assistive staff in assigned/designated areas. This individual provides safe, effective, and compassionate care that is consistent with State and Federal regulations and Company policies, procedures and guidelines and within his/her scope of practice.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner as related to scope of practice.
- Monitor patients before, during, and after infusion treatment.
- Provide supervision of assigned unlicensed direct patient care staff as assigned.
- Ensure complete and accurate daily electronic charting documentation and reporting in an efficient and timely manner.
- Report and provide patient assessments communicating with the Care Team as indicated.
- Accurate IV insertion.
- Complete daily staff assignments ensuring accountability and completion of assigned tasks.
- Implement orders and changes including communication to appropriate disciplines.
- Communicate patient condition changes and/or problems with medical staff and other healthcare team members on an ongoing basis.
- Perform admission assessment on assigned patients as well as an on-going assessment.
- Demonstrate competencies in all facilities policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all clinical and technical issues.
- Assist in the implementation of CQI improvement activities. Participate on committees, task forces, and work groups, on a voluntary and/or appointed basis.
- Complete the daily run/flow sheet review on treatments as assigned.
- Demonstrate appropriate emergency response following established protocols and complete all documentation in accordance with Company policy.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate the MPP Pride culture.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and professional communication.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all colleagues, managers, patients, and customers.
- Attend staff meetings and corporate events as necessary.
- Enforce and adhere to all HIPAA compliance policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have current and valid state professional nurse licensure
- Graduate of accredited LPN/LVN School, or Nursing Associates/Bachelors degree required.
- Infusion experience preferred.
- Certification in specialty encouraged.
- Must obtain CPR/BLS certification within first 90 days if not already certified.
- Minimum of 1 year IV experience.
- CRNI (certified RN Infusion) a plus
- Must have demonstrated record of and commitment to safety; and dedication to excellence.
- Must possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with other staff members, patients and physicians.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Travel is minimal in this role, can be up to 15% depending on region.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to sit and infrequently required to stand, walk, lift and/or push up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand; walk and talk, and hear. Requires excellent visual dexterity and manual dexterity.