Director of Nursing (SNF) - Near Corpus Christi, TX
Tremendous opportunity for an experienced Skilled Nursing Facility Director of Nursing to provide hands-on leadership, strategic guidance and management direction for all aspects of the hospital’s operations while ensuring our client’s mission, vision, values, goals and strategic direction are executed.
Our client is one of largest LTC organizations in the nation whose mission is to exceed the expectations of their patients and their family members by creating specific treatment plans for each patient’s unique condition.
This facility is approximately a 100-bed facility with a great staff. This is a wonderful opportunity for a compelling and dynamic individual with proven ability to lead a clinical team.
If you are interested in taking on a new challenge as a Director of Nursing and would like to join a supportive employment community please read further.
- Develops and maintains nursing service objectives, standards of nursing practice, and the nursing policies and procedures
- Recruit and maintain nursing department staff and interviews prospective personnel
- Assists with the creation, management and maintenance of the nurse and nurse aide schedules
- Responsible in assisting Human Resource Department in checking/completing employees Mantoux test, and immunizations required by the state
- Assures that nursing personnel provides treatments, medications, diets, rehabilitative nursing care, activities of daily living, protective service, and training in self care as stated in the Care Plan to ascertain that optimum comfort and care is provided
- Assist the Director of Admissions in selecting guests and residents for admission
- Assists in scheduling conferences with the resident and family when necessary
- Reviews nurses’ notes to assure that they are informative and descriptive of the nursing care provided and of the resident’s response to the care
- Makes rounds to assure that nursing service personnel are performing appropriate nursing care to meet the needs of the residents.
- Cooperates with the facility’s consultants and implements recommended changes
- Makes written and oral reports/recommendations concerning the operation of the Nursing Department
- Must have a valid RN license in active and good standing with no history of disciplinary action against the license
- RN required, BSN preferred
- Must have at least 3 years experience as a DON in a Skilled Nursing Facility
- CPR Certification
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Familiar with IDPH Regulations
- Familiar with JACHO Regulations
- Generous Salary and Bonus Incentive
- Comprehensive Benefits Package, including health, dental, vision, and retirement plan
- Opportunity for advancement
Company paid life insurance for all full-time employees